Re: a modest proposal - Debian needs more $

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 05:00:12PM +0000, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> > And people who download ISO's to sell should be paying a LOT.
>
> I'm not sure about this one. The ISO's that I have spotted for sale (in
> the UK) are quite cheap: About ?5 - ?20 for the full set, where the
> more expensive ones include printed documentation.

I can take Debian, bootstrap my own installation and customize other
things, put in on a CD or 2, then I can sell it for $500 per copy
as ServerOS or whatever. All I have to do is provide free
access to source [could be on the CD set].

This is what free software is all about -- it's about freedom not
contraint [hence source must be included for most software].

- Adam