Re: a modest proposal - Debian needs more $

Brian writes:
> I find it annoying that I can buy a Debian CD for $3.00 + shipping.  It
> should be more.

Nothing is stopping you from paying as much as you want to.

> Plus you just made my point - more will get done if we can hire people to
> work full time.

Who do you plan to hire?

> Why not generate that money from CD/ISO/connection sales ?

The amount of revenue would be negligible.  The CD vendors would simply
stop distributing Debian and most downloads would cease.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)