Re: a modest proposal - Debian needs more $

Brian writes:
> I find it annoying that I can download an ISO and turn around and sell it
> and not have to give 1 monetary unit to Debian.

I don't, and I wrote some of the stuff in that ISO.

> I don't think it's reasonable.

I do.  It costs me nothing when you download that ISO, and no one was about
to pay me for copies of that stuff I wrote, so how does your selling CD's
harm me?

> Even if some sort of scheme could be worked out on the monetary side, the
> task of deciding who gets what to do what is very non-trivial.

There is a system for doing that.  It is called a for-profit corporation.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)