Re: Config PCMCIA card

> Fred,
>
> have you tried forcing the 10 Mb configuration? Maybe there is
> something going wrong with auto-negotiation.

When I make: ifport eth0, I have the following result:

eth0    1 (10baseT)

The card is well configured in 10BaseT mode.

I think there is a problem with the driver but I'm not sure. My card in
10BaseT mode is mutating. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Yesterday, I was booting my laptop. I loggued in in root. I tried to ping
a machine of the subnet but no reply. I let it alone for a while.
The error messaging "eth0: Transmit time out" appeared on a console.
I tried once more to ping a machine of the subnet and this time it works !

Strange, very strange...

There is nothing special in log messages (no error messages).

This card runs well in 100Mb but not in 10Mb... I'm amazing...

Fred.

|  ,-.  |Frédéric BURLET                Linux Forever...  |
|  oo|  |IIIième Maitrise Informatique, FUNDP             |
| /`'_) |HomePage : http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/~fburlet  |
|(\__|/ |NamurLUG : http://namurlug.org                   |