Upgrading Potato and KDE

Hello,

I'm currently using Potato. I want to upgrade to Woody
but am a lil confused as to the following :

a) Is upgrading to Woody a very risky/bad idea. Is it
really very very unstable? or tolerable?

b) How do I do a network upgrade to Woody, should I
point apt's sources.list to unstable or testing?

c) Is Woody the unstable release or is Sid? (in other
words what's Sid?)

d) Can I have apt's sources.list have both the stable
and unstable links. Since unstable would have the
latest versions would only those be considered in that
case?

Also i want to install KDE, is there any way I can do
it on a Potato system. I tried referring through
kde.debian.net. However the apt link they have there
causes my system to show a lot of dependency probs. My
system basically is tracking stable, should I have it
point to unstable (or testing) or simply upgrade to
Woody?

Thanks a lot