Re: a modest proposal - Debian needs more $

  J> Personaly, I think that working for fun on spare time gives the best
  J> achievements, as that happend with my self. I dont state here that

I completely agree.  Unfortunately that work will lean heavily towards
"interesting" things.  Code reviews looking for silly C security
problems is not interesting.  It's boring.

Personally I am astonished there is as much documentation as there is
(with high quality).

  J> developers should work harder. NOT AT ALL. But somekind of non-monetary
  J> reward should be given. Even if some take advantage of others work,  what
  J> debian and free software represents will prevail. If one day debian gets a
  J> little short in cash for its basic needs, there will be plenty of people
  J> willing to help. I will, though never done it yet :-)

Why wait until it's short ? That's too reactive.  I'm trying to plan
for the future.  I don't want to wait until Debian is ailing to
implement such a system - then it will be too late.

Brian