Re: separate graph package for gnumeric ?

  >> Aha.  Thanks.  What's frustrating is that I couldn't figure out what I
  >> needed to do the graphing.  Why can't gnome say something like "you
  >> need guppi" instead of the goofball message it does yield.

  J> That's on the TODO list. See http://bugs.debian.org/128331 .

OK. That's good.

  J> Apparently you don't have gnumeric-doc and gnome-help installed.
  >>
  >> Then shouldn't they be part of the dependencies for gnumeric ?!

  J> They already are.

  >> Would I be wrong to file a bug report to that effect ?

  J> No, but unless you can provide convincing arguments for stronger
  J> dependencies, I'll stick to the current ones.

OK - I give up :-) I agree with what you are saying since I tend to
not install a lot simply to save space.

However I do have one more problem :

ii  gnumeric-doc   1.0.1-1        Documentation for Gnumeric, the GNOME spread
ii  gnome-help     1.4.0.4-15     GNOME help browser

Selecting

  Help ->Gnumeric Manual

yields the following useless error message :

   Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

I don't mean to pick on gnumeric here, 90% of the error messages in
*nix are crap.  It's a major weakness.  Handling error conditions is a
lot of work and not much fun so you're basic spare-time hacker doesn't
want to do it.

Brian