Re: Sound (ES1371), Power down, --MARK--

Gary Turner declaimed:
> The only thing I bring to the party is that /dev requires root privilege
> to access directly, i.e., by redirection or pipe.  Use your apps to do
> the dirty work.
An idea on this: As root, when I run xmcd, it works. CD load invokes the
playlist database, eject button works, can play CD's, etc. As user,
launch xmcd, nothing works.

I am in group audio, after looking at /dev/scd0 (owner=root,
group=cdrom) I added my user account to the cdrom group as well.

Actual device is an IDE CD-R/W with SCSI emulation.

TIA, Paul
--
Paul Mackinney       |   Another look at Sept 11
paul@mackinney.net   |   http://www.copvcia.com/