Re: Printing problems (FIXED!)

Rob Mahurin, 2002-Jan-17 08:20 -0500:
> After installing enscript and upgrading ghostview and gs-common,
> printing from netscape works:
>
> ii  ghostview      1.5-27         a PostScript viewer for X11
> ii  gs-common      0.3.2          Common files for different Ghostscript relea
> ii  enscript       1.6.2-4        Converts ASCII text to Postscript, HTML, RTF
>
> Before I believe the problem was with converting html to postscript;
> html2ps produced output that crashed gv, that sort of thing.  I was
> able to print plain text and .pdfs (produced by pdflatex, the one that
> worked yesterday is at
> http://web.utk.edu/~rmahurin/skool/syllabus.pdf) at least; I'm not
> sure what else I tested.  I'm going to blame gs-common, since that was
> the only real dependency involved.
>
> Hope that helps.  Let me know if I can test anything else for you.
>
> Rob

Thanks Rob, this did help me.  I did an update/upgrade and
gs-common was upgraded.  Then I checked and realized that
ghostview was NOT installed.  So I installed it and now my
printing is working fine.

Thanks to all on this thread for your help.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User