Re: Woody flavors

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:45:01 -0800 Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 06:15:39PM -0500, Glen Snyder wrote:
> > I was wondering....as far as I can tell there are 5 Woody flavors, yet
> > the unofficial  cd-image mirrors seem to have 8 raw (iso) files.  Could
> > someone set me straight on this (since the readme doesn't help much in
> > the way of outlining the general cd contents. ). I guess all of the
> > different flavors are on the 1st cd.....so what are on the others???
>
> Woody has not been released officially.  It is under constant
> development.  What you get as CD are some kind of snapshot.
>
> Install potato and network upgrade to the latest to be in sync with
> development.

Glen,

I burned disks from the un-official ISOs generated in late December.
Yes, it installed 2.2.19, but also came with a plethora of 2.4.x
kernel images, including 2.4.17-y, and source.  I immediately
installed 2.4.17-idepci and rebooted.  No problem.
http://www.linuxiso.org now has snapshots (of the 1st 3 disks)
built on 03-Jan.  (linuxiso.org does a passthru to ftp.kando.hu.)

Since you have a slow link at home, this is the way I would do it,
since it will *greatly* reduce the amount of data to be downloaded.
Also, if you set it up using the CDs, then you only have to:
  apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |