Re: Debian, FHS & /floppy

Previously Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):

> ...and if you have an arrray of 100 CDRs?  Should you have /cdrom[0-99]
> or /mnt/cdrom[0-99]?  I'd prefer the latter.

Then do the latter, its your choice.  However, if a  program
needs to mount a file system temporarily, it needs to know of a
place that it can assume is 'safe'.  Now this isn't a big deal
when you have the source, and everything is configurable, but
if the application is closed, it might not be configurable.  By
following the standard, the program can be set up to mount any
temporary file system, be it a cdrom, floppy, or loopback file
system at a mount point that it can assume to be available if
the system meets the FSH standard.

Mark