Re: eth0

You've got the wrong kernel module for your card.
Try one of the 3c5XX modules.  Yours is probably the 3c509.
Try insmod 3c509 to see if that's the right one.

Joe Wise wrote:

I answered my own previous question.  Sorry,

But I still haven't got an answer on where to go with this:
Device or resource busy

Hint: This error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

message.

I get this response to

insmod /lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/net/tulip.o

my card is a 3COM  3c5098-TPO

thanks,

Joe Wise

NTMail K12 - the Mail Server for Education

--
ACHERON
acheron@sympatico.ca