Re: separate graph package for gnumeric ?

  J> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 06:58:02 -0800, briand@zipcon.net wrote:
  >> When I try to use the graphing in gnumeric I get :
  >>
  >> ** WARNING **: 'Nothing matched the requirements.' : while attempting to
  >> activate a graphing component.

  J> Gnumeric doesn't implement graphing itself, but uses guppi (the
  J> GNOME graph and plotting component). Guppi (libguppi15) currently
  J> hasn't propagated into testing yet.

Aha.  Thanks.  What's frustrating is that I couldn't figure out what I
needed to do the graphing.  Why can't gnome say something like "you
need guppi" instead of the goofball message it does yield.

  >> Then I thought - aha I'll look this up in the manual, and when I do help
  >> manual, I get :
  >>
  >> Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

  J> Apparently you don't have gnumeric-doc and gnome-help installed.

Then shouldn't they be part of the dependencies for gnumeric ?!

Would I be wrong to file a bug report to that effect ?

Thanks

Brian