Re: Where does dselect store it's selections?

Stan Brown wrote:
> So I fired up dselect, amde the mistake of telling it to update, and tried
> to seect cups, instead of lprng.
>
> Unfortuantely, I go inot a depedncy loop, that I could not figure out how
> to resolve, as I tried to exit the selection step., so In desperation, I
> control C's out of it.

When you ctrl-c out of dselect's selection step, any changes you may have
made are not saved anyway. When they are saved, selections are stored in
/var/lib/dpkg/status. And you might want to learn how to use R and Q to
revert selections inside dselect and force it to accept your selections.

--
see shy jo