Re: write to ntfs-partition?

Claus Ladekjær Wilson <clw@get2net.dk> writes:

> Does anyone know how far the kernel build is from being able to write to a
> ntfs-partition? Even though I do compile my own kernel, I get the message
> 'mount read-only' because ntfs is win2k+

Quick answer: never

Long answer:
Well it's able to corrupt, er... "write" to older ntfs 4 partitions.  I
seriously doubt it would ever be able to safely write to any ntfs
partitions, unless MS releases the specs (which will never happen).
Don't ever try it except in an emergency.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>