Re: Where does dselect store it's selections?

On Sun Jan 20 12:35:40 2002 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote...

>On 20-Jan-2002 Stan Brown wrote:
>> I had high hopes of getting my wife's new woody machine deployed this
>> weekend, but I seem to have sliped inot a descending death spiral on that
>> machine :-(
>>
>> Presently both printing and email are horibly broken on it.
>>
>> So I fired up dselect, amde the mistake of telling it to update, and tried
>> to seect cups, instead of lprng.
>>
>> Unfortuantely, I go inot a depedncy loop, that I could not figure out how
>> to resolve, as I tried to exit the selection step., so In desperation, I
>> control C's out of it.
>>
>> Seems to me, that I probably should go back to the set of working
>> selections I had before firing it up, and I reacll that it keeps a backup
>> file f the selections before it was fired up, but i can't remeber where
>> this lives.
>>
>> Help please! Where is this abckup file, and does my plan make sense?
>>

>dpkg --get-selections > output
><edit file by hand>
>dpkg --set-selections < output
>
>Not particularly pretty but it will work.

Thnaks, but hoopefully I don't have to resort to that. I have not fired up
dselect since I had teh loop.

If anyone could kindly tell me where it stores it's backup selections file,
i should be able to roll back to before I invoked it last time.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.