Re: Warning: Do NOT upgrade base-passwd in unstable!

On 20/01/02 Colin Watson did speaketh:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 12:13:10PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
>
> By default, most uids in the password file match their gids, aside from
> a couple of daemons, so I can imagine it being easy to miss.

Only on personal systems. I've found that most production systems with
large numbers of users don't put people in their own groups, they use
groups for the purpose intended. At my work, we average about 200
people per group.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@mcss.mcmaster.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix