Re: make-kpkg modules_image question

On Sunday 20 January 2002 02:03 am, Brian Nelson wrote:

> No.  Do 'make-kpkg kernel_image' instead.  modules_image is for modules
> external to the kernel source, like ALSA.

OK, so I went ahead and recompiled the kernel using make-kpkg kernel_image

> > Assuming so, what do I then need to do to make the module loadable into
> > my existing kernel?
>
> # modconf

modconf seems to only show the options for my existing (installed) kernel,
rather than the one I just compiled (that includes PPP support)

I have some external modules in my kernel already -- vmware and nvidia
drivers.  I'd like to avoid installing a new kernel and hassling with getting
the external modules in place again.

Is there a way to get the newly-compiled PPP kernel module into my existing
kernel?