Re: write to ntfs-partition?

> Does anyone know how far the kernel build is from being able to
> write to a ntfs-partition? Even though I do compile my own kernel,
> I get the message 'mount read-only' because ntfs is win2k+
> (If this is not a relevant place to ask - could someone advice
> where to go next then?)

I read something about ntfs support sometime ago and I recall a
comment (this was from the developers, as I recall) that the ntfs
filesystem was simply a moving target. Being able to *read* the
filesystem is relatively "easy". Writing to it is a different
matter. And then, when they've figured it out, MS makes a subtle
change, via a Service Pack, for instance, that breaks their write
ability.

A suggestion is to make a small FAT partition to store files that
you may want to access when in Linux.

Regards
Hall