Re: KDE

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:53:43AM +1000, James wrote:
> I am trying to get KDE. I am downloading all KDE base files from
> pool/k/kdebase to their own directory so I can hopefully go dpkg -i
> *.deb to get them all installed at once.

No, don't do that. There are many files in that directory which will be
of no use to you, and many others you'll be missing.

> Where is task-kde so I can add it to my list of apt sources? Then do I
> run:
> apt-get install task-kde
>
> .. to install all KDE packages then get the applications I want myself?

Delete the stuff you've downloaded already, then add this to
/etc/apt/sources.list:

  deb http://kde.debian.net potato main crypto optional

Then 'dselect update; apt-get install task-kde'.

See http://kde.debian.net/ for other mirrors you might want to use
rather than kde.debian.net itself. There's one in Australia:

  deb http://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/debian-kde/ potato main crypto optional