Re: Promise ATA100 and translations

When I switched my single drive over to the A7V's Promise controller, it
was moved from hda to hde. All I had to do was boot with root=/dev/hde1
(or wherever my root partition was, this was the most frustration as I
didn't write them down first!) and fix my inittab for everything to work..
All partitions corresponded with their numbers exactly to what they were
on hda (e.g. hda1 = hde1, hda2 = hde2, etc).

I don't use windows, so I don't know how that will work.

HTH,
-nicole