Re: RXTX/Java serial action

> 1. probably works but I haven't set up java which is needed as configure
> looks for java clases...

That's what I said... all I could tell was that it SHOULD work.

> 2. here's the output from ldd
>
> mira:/tmp/rxtx-bins.1/1.5/i386-pc-linux> ldd *
>
> So I guess they work - all depends are satisfied for binary
> distro....

Step 2 in my investigation concurs. I will double check here, though, the
machine is a stable machine with glibc2.2.

> FYI: There is really no difference b/w RedHat and Debian when it comes
> to software compatability. At least for i386 arch as RedHat only
> seems to support Intel..

This is why I am baffled by their "it works on RedHat, so it must be time
to use RedHat!" I say BAH humbug! If it only works on RedHat, it's not
good enough for me.

> Have you tried it?? :)

Switching to RedHat? No, I switched AWAY for a reason ;o)

Installing/using RXTX? Not *yet*. I was doing my own dev for a while that
I thankfully finished for a bit until more feature requests/changes come
down from PHBs.

This is step 3. Try it myself because I think they are full of it ;o)

Thanks for the thoughts,
-nicole