Re: dselect for X?

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 12:07:54AM -0600, Elizabeth Barham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a dselect for X? Whenever I launch dselect in xterm, the
> 'select' option produces an ugly black screen with only a few lines of
> white-on-black text.

There is no dselect for X but there are things that replace dselect n X.
If you run regular xtern in X, just hit Ctrl-<Middle Mouse Button> and
select Reverse Video. Then you should get black-on-white text.

The nicest X packeging this I ever used is red-carpet [at least it's in
Sid - don't know about woody]. It is also part of Ximian desktop which
is for potato.

Adam

PS. Right now Red Carpet doesn't appear to run so well in sid.