Re: iptables in potato

Theres no package for netfilter in stable, however a build from source is fairly trivial. The source for the iptables tools can be had at http://netfilter.samba.org
There are packages in testing / unstable, btw.

As far as syntax goes, they are fairly similar, though some modifications will of course need to be made here and there.

Michael P. Soulier wrote:

Hey people.
   So, I have a potato firewall currently running 2.2.12 and using an
ipchains firewall script. I just built a 2.4.17 kernel for it. I want to use
the stable Debian release for that particular box, but the iptables tool does
not appear to be available in potato (according to an apt-cache search). So,
1. If I use my existing ipchains firewall script with 2.4, I've heard that it
will in fact work, of course not making use of any of the cool netfilter
features. Is this accurate?

2. Is it possible to get a copy of iptables for potato?

   Many thanks,

   Mike

--
ACHERON