Re: fetchmail

On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 12:20 , dman wrote:

fetchmail does not deliver mail.  It hands it off to some other
MTA/MDA for delivery.  If you specify an MDA, then it pipes the
message to it.  If not it tries to connect to port 25 on localhost and
give it to the MTA running on your local machine.  Where it goes after
that depends on how you configured your MTA.

We'll need much more information regarding your system's configuration
(are you using exim? did you configure it?  what about procmail?) and
all the parameters you gave to fetchmail if we are to do more than
wildy guess.

Yes, this machine is running exim. I configured it. Mail sent directly to this machine get filtered
and delivered properly with procmail.  The command line parameters were:

fetchmail -a -k -p POP3 -u username pop_server

-Ken