Re: fetchmail

On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 06:13 , Dougie Nisbet wrote:

On Saturday 19 January 2002 10:21 am, Ken Weingold wrote:

I don't have one.  From what I understood, if I specify everything I
need on the command line, I don't need one.

Most people probably run it using a control file. How about if you post the
command line you're using here?

fetchmail -a -p POP3 -k -u username server

with of course the username and server replaced with the real ones. It showed it logging in and retrieving all the mail. What is really worrying me is that the first time I ran it, I stupidly left out the -k and I am fearing that I lost two days' of mail. It was a result of losing my job and getting my mail off a work server and trying it on another, and getting the mail stuck on another server via POP so procmail would filter it for mutt. That server is using sendmail, and I know that things are working, since I was getting mail directly there and procmail was properly filtering it as well. fetchmail got over 400 messages, and when it ended I have no idea what happened to them. I tried the same thing again on this server, with exim, with the same results.

-Ken