3c59x & voodo3 problems solved (was Re: 3dfx voodoo3 problem)

Hi!

some time ago I wrote to this list regarding two problems, which are fixed
now:

1) I installed potato 2.2r2 (kernel 2.2pre18) in a new system and the module
3c59x wasn't work. Because I planned to upgrade to 2.2r4 later I decided to
follow the advice I received from this list and installed 2.2r4 instead 2.2r2.
Now the NIC works fine!. Obviously the module 3c59x present in kernels prior
to 2.2.19 does not work. Surfing the (huges!) archives because another problem
I found that the problem with module 3c59x and kernels prior to 2.2.19 was
already reported several times in the past...

2) On the same system I had problems to put the 3dfx voodoo3 video card to
work. Again, followin the advice from this list I installed the SVGA server
for it. But still X didn't run. I discovered that the problem was with the
mouse settings in the XF86Config file. I have a PS/2 mouse, the device for it
is /dev/psaux and not /dev/ttyS0...

Thanks again to all the people who makes this list so useful.

Regards,

Marcelo