Re: Cinalerra

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 09:04:06AM +0800, csj wrote:

> Maybe you can try using ffmpeg to convert the DivX to MPEG. ffmpeg will
> produce a non VCD-compliant MPEG stream which you can then make
> compliant using a combination of mpgtx (to demultiplex or split the MPEG
> into its component audio and video) and mjpegtools (to multiplex it
> back). Finally you use VCDImager on the re-multiplexed MPEG stream. No
> editing required, just convert, convert, convert. Maybe you can even use
> mplayer to convert the DivX into some sort of weird MPEG format.

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  Editing is required, just to make them *small*
enough to fit on a single VCD.

> But I'm just wondering, why convert a DivX movie to VCD? DivX has a
> higher compression ratio (since VCD's tend to have more stringent bitate
> requirements).

To burn it to an actual VCD so it'll play on a DVD player, of course.  And
some of these videos are downloaded and already in DivX (or other non-free)
format.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming