Re: usb/modem irq conflict

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:55:29 -0500 "Thomas H. George,,," <georgeacct@spininternet.com> wrote:
> When I built a kernel with usb support the usb controller took over irq
> 3 which was being used by my modem.  I had to recompile without usb
> support to get back online.  At present my best guess is to disassemble
> the computer and move the modem card to a different pci slot.  Are there
> any progammable solutions to this problem?

The User Manual to my motherboard listed which IRQ that each PCI
slot used.  So, when building the system, I had to be careful to
not to unnecessarily share IRQs.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |