Re: Linux ICQ client that doesn't suck?

on Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:13:09AM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson insinuated:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
>
> > oh, i am a talk *geek*, and use it all the time on my school's student
> > server.  it's how i kept in touch with half my friends who were abroad
> > this past semester!  (ytalk's even better.)
>
> What exactly is ytalk?

version of it.  scrolls text instead of wrapping it; doesn't show
random old english and runic characters for delete symbols on another
terminal; allows you to shell back to a prompt during a session (to
the great annoyance of people with whom i'm ytalking, hehe); &c.
that's all i've found about it in the month or two i've been using it,
and it's been a great help in accounting for different terminal types
from costa rica to austria and all the internet cafes in between.

</nori>

--
-------------------------http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html