Re: Mozilla fonts huge--'File' menu item takes up most of screen

In article <[🔎] l04rlkybt9.fsf@sweden.hotu.com>,
Joseph Dane  <jdane@lava.net> wrote:

> Daniel> When I start up Mozilla, the fonts are *huge*. I'm running at
> Daniel> 1600x1200, and the 'File' menu item takes up the majority of
> Daniel> the screen (nice scaling, by the way--not a bit blocky : ).
>
>no help here, but I'm getting the same behavior. this started after a
>recent unstable dist-upgrade.  mozilla is at 0.9.7-4.

If you have TrueType fonts defined in the "Files" section of
/etc/X11/XF86Config[-4] then it might help to put them last.

Also setting the "display resolution" in the fonts menu in mozilla
manually instead of system/automatic might help. Do restart mozilla
after that.

No idea *why* this would help but it works for me ..

Mike.