3dfx voodoo3 problem

Hi!

I've installed potato 2.2r4 in a new system. The system has a VESA-VGA 32
Bit-Bus video card and a 3dfx Voodoo3 PCI chipset. My problem is that I can't
put the video card to work. I've tried with XF86Setup, which requieres the
VGA16 and SVGA server installed. I selected the voodoo3 (generic) option for
the card in XF86Setup, but when the program attemps to initialize the server
with the new settings I get the messages:

 -X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

I surfed the mail archives, but I didn't find useful information.
What I need then is a guide of how put to work this video card in potato
2.2r4. Eventually what server should I install too.
I will appreciate very much any help in this direction.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini