Re: What part of X causes major display problems?

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 06:46 pm, Seneca Cunningham wrote:
> ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:

> that's
>
> > > the

> been
>
> > > able

> > > Technologies

> > > screen

> > > Mine worked with the virtual screen settings in X3. The only times I
> > > had problems with that was when I set the settings too high, and that
> > > was because I only have 1024K video RAM.
> >
> > don't know any more than that. did you configure the kernel you're
>
> running?
>
> > maybe a google search for x4 + 65545 might reveal something pertinent.
>
> After checking that, I didn't find much of anything about the problem...
> but I did find some sites that I could order a 386SX on a board with the
> 65545 for its video.

at this point, you might want to try your luck on some alt.comp newsgroups.
it really seems like it's an issue of tweaking the driver to perform for your
particular video card. from what i've seen so far, the 65545 is mainly used
in laptop video these days for flat panel screens. it's definitely a hardware
issue, and it is older technology, so i'm thinking that some of the homebrew
clubs might be a better resource for a solution.