Re: 2.2r4 install peculiarity

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 06:42:55PM -0600, Ron Johnson typed the following...
> Paul Tansom wrote:
>
> >I'm just installing 2.2r4 from ISOs I pulled down a while ago (typical really
> >as 2.2r5 is just out!).  The ISO are from linuxiso.org iirc, although I am
> >using the non-US one, so I think CD 1 may have come from another mirror.  When
> >I've finished partitioning the drives and choosing the mount points I choose as
> >CD install and then select which drive (I have two CDs in the system).  Next it
> >complains that I don't have the rescue diskette in the drive.  Anyone got any
> >ideas as to what could be wrong before I start burning new copies and then on
> >to re-downloading the ISOs.
> >

> If your problem is the same problem I had recently installing woody,
> then you have to find the .list files that describes the contents of
> each disk.  They are usually on the master site.
>
>  From looking at the .list file for disk-1, I was able to discover what
> directory was required.
>
> VERY user-unfriendly, but I muddled thru.
...and that's all Ron Johnson wrote I'm afraid

Thanks for that, I seem to have found my particular problem now though.  I cut
the disk onto a blank that I was given a while back.  My old burner refused to
acknowledge them in the drive, but my new one burnt them without problems.  On
closer inspection though I have noted that some of the silvering has flaked in
tiny pinpoints.  I knew there was a good reason I didn't buy cheap CDs myself!

--
---
Paul Tansom:  -  contact paul@aptanet.com for more information