Re: Large file sizes (2+Gb)

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.21.0201152230020.24363-100000@benatar.snurgle.org>,
William T Wilson  <fluffy@snurgle.org> wrote:
>Upgrading your kernel to 2.4 and using ReiserFS will give you the 64-bit
>filesystem, but your libc may not be compiled to support large files.

Also ext2 and ext3 support 64-bit filesizes just fine and have done
so for years. They are very stable filesystems, while reiser is
experimental. Reiser can be unstable (I've seen filesystems go
up in smoke) and it *especially* has problems with being exported
over the network. My advice: do not use reiserfs.

Mike.