Re: 2.2r4 install peculiarity

Paul Tansom wrote:

I'm just installing 2.2r4 from ISOs I pulled down a while ago (typical really
as 2.2r5 is just out!).  The ISO are from linuxiso.org iirc, although I am
using the non-US one, so I think CD 1 may have come from another mirror.  When
I've finished partitioning the drives and choosing the mount points I choose as
CD install and then select which drive (I have two CDs in the system).  Next it
complains that I don't have the rescue diskette in the drive.  Anyone got any
ideas as to what could be wrong before I start burning new copies and then on
to re-downloading the ISOs.

If your problem is the same problem I had recently installing woody, then you have to find the .list files that describes the contents of each disk. They are usually on the master site.

From looking at the .list file for disk-1, I was able to discover what directory was required.

VERY user-unfriendly, but I muddled thru.

Ron