NTP no server suitable for synchronization found

I'm having problems getting NTP to work on my network.  My gateway syncs
fine, but whenever I try to sync off the gate way, I get:

no server suitable for synchronization found

For instance:

root@bristlenose[1] 0 /usr/doc/ntp # ntpdate -q 192.168.1.1
server 192.168.1.1, stratum 2, offset -0.882461, delay 0.02628
16 Jan 10:53:16 ntpdate[1422]: no server suitable for synchronization found

Any ideas?

Please CC responses, I'm not subscribe at this account ATM.
Cheers,

Andrew Clark
90East (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd
Canberra, Australia

02 6272 3700 (switch)
02 6272 3010 (facsimile)

andrew.clark@sge.net
www.90East.com

Notice: This e-mail may contain personal information as defined in the
Privacy Act 1988, or confidential information. Please do not disclose
personal information in this e-mail, other than that of the sender, to
another party without the consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient, or believe that you have received this e-mail in error,
please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
information. Also, please notify the sender that you have received this
e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.