Re: Is it possible to update the kernel on a running system with out rebooting?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:22:20AM -0500, Walter Tautz wrote:
> I.e., not merely install the kernel and run lilo but have the running kernel
> switch over to the newer version?

Not Linux :) I believe Hurd can do that _but_ that's progressing __very__ slowly..

- Adam

PS. You don't have to reboot if you have a good machine like S390 series where you can
reboot the virtual machine [at least as advertised on IBM's website]