Re: Menu editor in Debian's KDE?

> I am running woody and haven't been able to get it to work like that. I had to finally create a file named "local.soffice" in /usr/lib/menu. That seemed to work.
> However I copied the section from Kword "Apps/Editors". But Kword shows up under Büroprogramme (Office Applications) whereas StarOffice shows up under Debian/Apps/Editors.
> Very weird! Of course I would like StarOffice to show up under Büroprogramme as well. Couldn't figure that out so far from the docs.
>
> Nico

Hi Nico,

normally (as in fvwm and most other wm's), Kword will show up under Apps/Editors (after all, it is one). Only KDE treat their own applications in a special way (and put the others, discriminating, in Debian/...). I think you can move StarOffice with the KDE menu editor. That change will, naturally, only apply to the KDE menu.

Regards, Joachim

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller
Lehrer für Mathematik und Physik