Re: Printing problems

Thus spake Jeff:
> Adam Majer, 2002-Jan-14 16:54 -0600:
> > It's gs then.. The filter is set up correctly but gs doesn't seem to
> > recognize pc13. I should have seen that before.
> >
> > gs -sDEVICE=pcl3 is the setting used by gs... It works here in unstable
> > and woody.... [that device]
> >
> > Maybe try reinstalling gs? If your printing stopped working after an upgrade,
> > maybe you need to upgrade it again [buggy package?]
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> > Adam
>
> Thanks for you help Adam.  We're make progress, I think.
>
> I purged gs and gsfonts, and re-installed them.  Interestingly,
> gs included 2 more packages as depends that weren't installed
> before.  This appears to have solved the device issue.  Now it
> prints...
>
> Error: /invalidfont in findfont
> 		       Operand stack:
> 	                       --nostringval--
> 				       basefontdict
>
> So, I believe I have a font issue now.  If you have some ideas on
> this, I'd really appreciate them.  I'm pretty lost...still.
>
> thanks again for your help...jc
Try changing your printer driver - you could get one from
www.linuxprinting.org - they often have print filters that work better
than magicfilters.  I had a similar problem getting CUPS to print with
the stp driver - changing to the driver from gimpprint solved it for
me.
Steve
--
On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.
		-- W.C. Fields' epitaph