Re: Printing problems

Adam Majer, 2002-Jan-14 16:54 -0600:
> It's gs then.. The filter is set up correctly but gs doesn't seem to
> recognize pc13. I should have seen that before.
>
> gs -sDEVICE=pcl3 is the setting used by gs... It works here in unstable
> and woody.... [that device]
>
> Maybe try reinstalling gs? If your printing stopped working after an upgrade,
> maybe you need to upgrade it again [buggy package?]
>

> Hope this helps,
> Adam

Thanks for you help Adam.  We're make progress, I think.

I purged gs and gsfonts, and re-installed them.  Interestingly,
gs included 2 more packages as depends that weren't installed
before.  This appears to have solved the device issue.  Now it
prints...

Error: /invalidfont in findfont
		       Operand stack:
	                       --nostringval--
				       basefontdict

So, I believe I have a font issue now.  If you have some ideas on
this, I'd really appreciate them.  I'm pretty lost...still.

thanks again for your help...jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User