Re: Gnome printing is broken in unstable

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 17:58, Adam Warner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd suggest you don't upgrade unstable until GNOME printing is sorted
> out. I upgraded a number of packages and all I get is blank text on
> printing and in print preview in Gnome applications such as Evolution
> and Gedit.
>
> I've got one more computer to upgrade. I'll try and isolate which
> package or packages need to be reverted in order to restore printing.
> Then I'll file a bug report.

The problem didn't exhibit itself on my other system. I have discovered
that this is because of the fonts I had already selected for printing in
the HTML viewing section of control panel. I do no see blank text using
Arial and Courier New.

By selecting Arial and Courier New for printing on this system I was
able to overcome the blank text problem.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

I have CCed this to Neilen Marais <brick@adept.co.za>. See his post of 9
January: