Re: [OT] Suggestions for cheap laser printer supported by Linux

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:20:18PM +0100, Coen De Roover wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I'm looking for a cheap laser printer that works flawlessly under Linux.
| I always thought this wouldn't be hard to find, but it turns out that
| some problems may arise with GDI-based printers (who actually dominate
| the lower-end market).
| All suggestions are welcome.

I haven't heard of GDI before.  All the laser printers I've looked at
(mostly HPs) had PCL and Postscript built-in.  I have a LJIIIp still
kicking here, and it is quite good.  I'd go for a 5m or 6m or whatever
they call that line now (the 5l or 6l is ok, but I like the 5m/6m
better).

-D

--

I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave
has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.