Re: Printing problems

Stephen Gran, 2002-Jan-13 22:17 -0500:
> If it prints from an echo, you're halfway there.  grep for pc13 (that
> is one-three and not el-three, right?) in your filter file - it is
> presumably trying to call ghostscript with that device specified, and
> ghostscript isn't compiled with it.  I think unfortunately some
> devices can only be used with the commercial release of ghostscript,
> although I could be wrong.  It may be as simple as a recompile, or it
> may involve changing drivers to use a free device.
> Hope that at least points you in the right direction.
> Steve

I did the grep on all the magicfilters and found nothing.  I
checked on the ghostscript and found both of the following
packages installed:

ii  gs             5.50-8         Postscript interpreter with X11
and svgalib
ii  gsfonts        6.0-2          Fonts for the ghostscript
interpreter

So, I'm still looking for more information on the device (pc13).
I'll try some straces on the process and see what that turns up.

Thanks for your help.
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer