Re: potato/apt error on libc6 PreDepends

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 03:45:02PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| trying to get my last potato box up to testing. simply changed the deb
| line in sources.list from stable to testing (deb-src is still unstable),
| and security as well as adrian's 2.4.x kernel deb lines are still on
| stable, as always. then apt-get update'd, but when doing dist-upgrade, i
| get:
|
| Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
| debianutils: PreDepends: libc6 (>= 2.1.97) but 2.1.3-19 is to be installed
| E: Internal Error, InstallPackages was called with broken packages!
|
| what gives?

$ apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
  Installed: 2.2.4-7
  Candidate: 2.2.4-7
  Version Table:
 *** 2.2.4-7 0
        900 http://http.us.debian.org woody/main Packages
         95 http://http.us.debian.org sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.1.3-20 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages

You've got an old libc and aren't upgrading it yet.  I don't know why
(I would have thought dist-upgrade would do it).

-D

--

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have
told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and