Java Web Start on Debian Potato

Hi!

Does anybody have Java Web Start version 1_0_1_01 in conjunction with Java
1.3.0 or higher running on a Debian Potato system? When I try to invoke
"./javawsbin" (from the directory where javaws.cfg and javawsbin are
installed, I get a segfault.

Has anybody else had the problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?
(Sun's web pages seem to have a solution, but that's only supposed to be
for glibc 2.2.x, and, AFAIK, Potato is based on 2.1.3. They recommend
setting the initial stack size to 2 MB (ulimit -s 2048 in bash). I tried
that and it didn't help.)

Thanks for any hints!

Greetings,

	Holger