Re: Strange problem with modem when computer is "off"

On 2002-01-14 06:25:43, Terence Sheridan wrote:
> I  scrolled locked through the halt process and watched the kills.
> The modem connection seems to happen when the power is actually cut, I
> believe.  Then it goes away when setserial takes over during the boot
> process (or at least that is what appears to be happening).
>
> I get a message during boot:
>
> /dev/ttyS0 at 0x03f6 (irq=4) is a 1650A
> /dev/ttyS0 at 0x02f8 (irq=3) is a 1650a

Typo (one is supposed to be ttyS1), right?

> /dev/ttyS15 at 0xe800 (irq=3) is a 16950/954

I would expect S2 or 3, 15 seems wierd.  I am not familar with a 16950
or 954, are you sure that is correct?  Might want to look closer at the
configuration file for setserial.

> Any ideas how to check my modem to see if it wants to wake up or call
> back when the computer is off?

No, sorry.  Check your manual or manufactors web site.

Nothing else looked interesting in rc0.d or rc6.d, right?  UPS software
would be the other prime suspect, although the above description of the
boot process points to bios and/or modem rather than host or software
(at least in my mind).

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind