Problem with Gnome

Title: Message
Hi,

I am having problems loading Gnome 1.4.  I was using KDE prior to my attemps to install gnome.  After I execute the normal "startx" a Gnome1.4 panel appears with a window that has a picture with GNOME 1.4 and the message Starting Gnome.  Behind it is just a screen full of dots.  I can only return to the console with ctrl-alt backspace which then returns the message SESSION_MANAGER=local/orbell:/tmp/.ICE-unix/11286.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eileen Orbell
ISA Major
Capitol College
Mailto:eileen@orbell.com
http://www.orbell.net
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.