Re: Palm pilot problems

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 09:50:29PM -0500, Scott Henson wrote:
> Im trying to get my palm m125 to sync with my computer.  I am having
> trouble.  I have read the How-tos on this subject and followed them, but
> I can not get the infernal thing to sync.  I am useing woody along with
> ximian gnome.  Evolution and gnome-pilot are what Im trying to sync
> with.  Everytime I get to the point where I try to connect to the palm,
> nothing happens.  I have it on a USB cradle and am useing the visor
> module.  The only error message Im getting is the palm complaining about
> not being able to connect.  The gnome-pilot program doesnt even know
> what is happening.  I am looking for any help I can get to make this
> thing work.

One of FAQs on Linux USB (http://www.linux-usb.org/) indicates problems syncing
newer Palms with pilot-link. gnome-pilot depends on libpisock4 as does
pilot-link. libpisock4 has bug filed against it
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=120459&repeatmerged=yes

Can you successfully sync with coldsync?
--
Jerome