Re: RFC: Beginner's vim tutorial

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:50:38 +0100
Romain Lerallut <rlerallut@free.fr> wrote:

> Thus spake Lonnie Mullenix on Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 08:42:46PM -0600:
> > Only thing I would add is that it would be really nice to be able to get
> > this to print properly.
>
> Do you mean you can't print the HTML properly (old news... :),
> or that you can't print the PostScript docs ?
<snip>
> > So, printable would be good.

What I'm saying is that I much prefer having a hard copy of the REALLY good information that I find online.  Much easier to find(in theory anyway) and easier to read.

> The printable version has always been not-quite-as-good as the
> HTML version. That's a fact. I'm working on switching to XML, so
> if FO is more customizable than dsssl, we might improve things a
> bit.
<snip>

The combination of my NT box and winprinter are most likely the problem, and since I haven't gotten Samba working yet!  I'vwe always had problems printing out some of the HTML info, wnats to cut the ends of the lines off and cut the last line or two at the bottom of the page off.

> However your suggestion is a good one, and we'll add a
> 'Printable Version' column as soon as this mess is sorted out.
>
> BTW, does everyone agree that PDF would be a better choice for
> an online printable version ? (Knowing that a number of people will
> print this on disreputable systems that have no postscript support :)
> (Though I intend to keep postscript for the .deb)

May I suggest using rtf also.

> Bye,
> Romain
>
> --